Thursday, July 11, 2013

Masonry

Today, The Hubs is working on the chimney.  Yes, OUR chimney!  And I don't like your tone.

Before we can face the chimney with stones, we needed to expand the area above the roof line.  And by "we" I mean Bob, FIL Jim, and Doug the mason.   Although I *did* mix some mortar today.  Yes, I did.

The Girl supervises.   And plots how to distract us so she can resume climbing the scaffolding.




Our fancy mortar-mixing wheelbarrow.

The Girl isn't all supervising and trying to climb scaffolding, though.  She also helped Daddy get some bricks up to the roof:






A regular mother-daughter masonry team, we are.  Mixer and hoister.  It did seem dangerously like manual labor, though, even that small bit of mixing....   

I don't want to brag, but I might soon have a chimney with some facing.  You'll see.

And, yes, I know I've said that before.  


No comments: