Monday, December 27, 2010

A Log Home Picnic

The boy is on Christmas vacation, the girl is sick (poor thing) and the Hubs is up working on the log house today, so we decided to have a nice picnic of turkey soup, cheese curds, and apples with caramel dip.  And some chocolates and toffees that we were gifted by friends. 


Bob set up a little table of plywood and sawhorses in the basement and the boy dispensed with a recently deceased mouse that got in, but finding no food, decently decided to expire. 

I took the opportunity to snap some new pictures of the house on this beautiful and cold North Country day. 





Version 1:  The kids and I went home for naps and left poor Bob to work on the house by himself. 
Version 2:  I had to bundle up a sick and crying 4-yr old and the remnants of lunch and drive back to town, while Bob got to commune with his beloved logs in silence.

Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do not pretend to know which version of the events is closer to the truth. However, with a toddler, teenager and a 7 1/2 month pregnant wife at home I do suddenly find myself wishing I had a logged cabin to retreat to... errrr I mean work on. Happy Holidays Anne, hope your lil' one feels better soon.