Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Suburban Allergy

We are back home in the North Country again after our annual pilgrimage to the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC.   All it takes is one visit a year to confirm that we belong in the wilderness.   Don't get me wrong:  I love a good clearance rack at Kohl's as much as the next girl, but I just don't want to have to live around so many people in order to get it.  Since the hubs and I apparently have a severe allergy to suburbia, we went up to The Lake for an hour to bask in the...  nothingness of the country.  
This is the back yard of our log house.


This is the side yard of our log house.  Isn't the nothing, wonderful?

That, and Little G needed to STEP AWAY FROM THE VIDEO GAMES.  Nothing like some manual labor in the cold to set a boy right:

Our boy shoveling the walk at our house in town.  And then complaining, "my back is cracking!"

1 comment:

Cedar ... said...

I agree, cities are a nice place to visit, but can't imagine living there. Welcome home!