Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saranac Lake Ice Palace

Of course, we in the North Country look forward every winter to the building of the ice palace/ice castle/ice EXTRAVAGANZA in Saranac Lake.  If your daily travels don't take you through this winter wonderland, you can take a virtual visit via the webcam feed at:   http://www.adksearch.com/new/ .  


Crappy pic of the kids at the ice spectacular in 2009. 
Pretty sure I took this with my phone. 
That cameraphone is making me lazy, darnit. 


Hey Mom.  Sorry I took a pic with the sun glaring behind you. 

2 comments:

Cedar ... said...

I hope that the thaw and rain doesn't ruin what they have built so far. I haven't been out to Saranac Lake to the castle in several years. Used to always take the kids when they were young.

b clements said...

Can't wait to see this years. Coming up with granddaughter. Have old pictures from when I was young in the 1950's and we lived up there. Hope its big as granddaughter was dissapointed 2 years ago. Wants to see big ones like in old pictures.