Saturday, September 29, 2012

Last... few... veggies....

Doesn't Pop's garden know it's nearly OCTOBER?






Look:  *I* was cold out there today picking tomatoes and carrots and jalapenos, oh my!   Those poor wee cherry tomatoes were shivering on the vines --  and yet?  still growing.  Plenty of green ones, and every few days when I go out to steal some bounty from the garden, there are tons of new ripe cherry tomatoes.  On a related note, would anyone like a bunch of cherry tomatoes?   My, but they're prolific.

And The Boy, when he was done practicing the piano at Grandma & Grandpa's, discovered a lone little cantaloupe hiding in the leaves.  We haven't cracked it open yet, but I warned him it's a bit late for melon and it likely isn't edible.  He's gonna give it the ol' college try, though.   Brave lad.




No comments: