Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Lake Lure

Well, he did it.  Bob lured me up to The Lake with that breathtaking picture yesterday morning. 

A colleague brought his track-hoe up to help dig a hole near the log house in an effort to improve the drainage in that spot, and soon after the kids and I arrived (with picnic lunch in hand) Bob was in the hole.




 After the hole was suitably deep, Bob carted rocks- large and small - to the hole and commenced filling it back in. 


But what I really wanted to show you was what a beautiful day it continued to be here in the North Country, and especially up at The Lake. 

Wowza.


Doesn't everyone have a huge pile of rocks on their lawn?  




So I guess The Hubs' sneaky plan worked.  We stayed up there and helped him for hours. 

"Helped" being used very loosely here.  Mostly I complained that it was colder than I'd anticipated and the brigands that I birthed shouted across the lake to hear the echo and begged for rides on the tractor. 

But, it was fun.  And then we came home and took naps.

The End.

No comments: