Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Drip?

This cold weather has all but stopped the sap running at The Lake.  In lower elevations, the sugaring has continued unabated, but it is high enough and cold enough in our sugarbush that even on today's comparatively balmy spring day, most of the sap buckets were filled with ice. 


Baby M and The Husband went up to the sugarbush today to check on the taps.  She was oh-so-proud to help Daddy do the sugaring, just like her brother.... even if there was not much sap to collect.  I asked if she helped carry the sap buckets, and her reply was: "Oooohhhh -- they were too heavy for me!  I had Daddy carry them." 

Me too, sweetie.


.

1 comment:

Bonnie K said...

Oh that sounds so fun. I so wish we had maple trees here. I love your blog. Great cabin! Beautiful area.